[Live-devel] A simple question about RTSP client/server implementation

Dixon Siu dixonsiu at mediaglue.co.jp
Fri May 14 10:57:37 PDT 2004

Hi,

I wrote a simple RTSP socket listener based on UDP server. But when I issued
RTSP request from VLC or QuickTime, the response was "no server found". So I
read the source code of RTSPServer and RTSPClient from Live.com and tried to
understand the process. I found that the communication process is TCP style.
So RTSP implemented by Live.com actually uses TCP? Or, the setup and
response is in TCP but later the transmissio is in UDP? Please educate me on
this issue. Thanks.

Dixon Siu

---