[Live-devel] How can I receive RTCP message when using SimpleRTPSink

Dixon Siu dixonsiu at mediaglue.co.jp
Wed May 19 15:31:47 PDT 2004

Hi,

In my program, I have the following code to create a Program Stream and send
to a SimpleRTPSink.

  aSimpleRTPSink = SimpleRTPSink::createNew(*env, rtpGroupsock, 33, 90000,
"video", "mp2t");
  // Create (and start) a 'RTCP instance' for this RTP sink:
  const unsigned maxCNAMElen = 100;
  unsigned char CNAME[maxCNAMElen+1];
  gethostname((char*)CNAME, maxCNAMElen);
  CNAME[maxCNAMElen] = '\0'; // just in case

  // Create (and start) a 'RTCP instance' for this RTP sink:
  const unsigned totalSessionBandwidth = 4500; // in kbps; for RTCP b/w
share

  RTCPInstance::createNew(*env, rtcpGroupsock,
	      totalSessionBandwidth, CNAME,
	      aSimpleRTPSink, NULL /* we're a server */, isSSM);
  // Note: This starts RTCP running automatically
  aSimpleRTPSink->startPlaying(*fileSource, afterPlaying, aSimpleRTPSink);

Then I use VLC to view the content using "udp://@239.255.42.42:6666". I can
view the stream with noises since I am transferring a program stream using a
transport stream format. But I didn't observe any RTCP RR messages. Is it
because I am not accessing the stream correctly? Should I create a SDP file
for this Program Stream?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Regards,
Dixon Siu