[Live-devel] Receiving video from a mixer

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Mon May 24 03:53:08 PDT 2004

>I am trying to use the Live.com code to receive video from a mixer, which
>is multiplexing multiple video streams in a single RTP session.  I am
>using JPEGVideoRTPSource as the packet source, but I haven't been able to
>figure out how to demultiplex the streams in the sink based on their
>SSRC.  Is there a way to handle this scenario with the Live.com library?

I have just installed a new version (2004.05.24) of the "LIVE.COM Streaming
Media" libraries that provides some basic support for this.

The "RTPSource" object now has a new member function
         lastReceivedSSRC()
which tells the data receiver the SSRC of the most recently received
packet.  You can call this from within your 'after getting' function to
help demultiplex the data, based on SSRC.

(I.e., you will need to do the demultiplexing yourself - in your 'after
getting' function - but using the "lastReceivedSSRC()" member function to
help you.)

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>