[Live-devel] Re: sample data

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Wed May 26 03:42:14 PDT 2004

>Few days back I told you about a problem that I am having while using
>camera as a source of video data and you asked me to send the data sample
>. Here is the URL for the data.
>
>http://www-scf.usc.edu/~murugan/sample.mpg
>
>when I try to stream this file using live.com code...then I get some error
>about incorrect PES paccket size.
>
>Can you please tell me what is wrong with the data that it fails to pass
>through MPEG over RTP code in live.com source code.

The 'problem' with this data is that it's a MPEG Transport Stream, not a
MPEG Program Stream or Elementary Stream.  That's why the existing
"test*Streamer" applications don't work on it.

For information about how to stream Transport Streams using the LIVE.COM
code, see the FAQ.  (Or, wait a few days, and maybe some new Transport
Stream-related applications will be added to "testProgs" :-)

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>