[Live-devel] Another kasenna specific issue

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Nov 2 13:31:42 PST 2004

>a MPEG1 RTSP/VoD/UDP session from kasenna returns the attached SETUP response.
>The problem is that the message contains data, but does not have the
>Content-Lenght header set as required per the RTSP RFC
>This confuses liveMedia which in the next read (Usually a PLAY response)
>first parses the remaining Data from the previous response.

I don't know if there's anything we can do about this.  The code needs to
know exactly how much data to read from the TCP socket (to get the entire
SETUP response), otherwise it'll block if it tries to read to much.  (The
socket is blocking.)  Normally, the code uses the "Content-Length:" header
to figure out how much more data to read, but, without this, the only way
you can do this is by parsing the Kasenna bullshit response data, reading
one byte at a time until you're sure that you've read all the data that you
want (and don't try to read any more than this).

So, if you can figure out how to parse the Kasenna bullshit data to read
the exact amount of data in the response, then that will work.  Otherwise,
you're SOL.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>