[Live-devel] Example of a streamable mp4 file

Eric Peters epeters at graphics.cs.uni-sb.de
Thu Nov 11 10:11:06 PST 2004

Hello to all,

I have some questions about MPEG4. Is it correct that I can stream with
testOnDemandRTSPServer only MPEG4-Video-Elementary-Streams? What about
MPEG4 Audio Streams? Doesn't consist an mp4-file of MPEG4-Video-ES and
an MPEG-4-Audio-Stream? Is it possible to demux and stream a mp4-file
with audio and video with liveMedia as it is possible for MPEG1/2? If
yes, will all encoding algorithms for MPEG4-Audio encoding be supported
(eg. HVCX, CELP, AAC)?

Does anybody has a mp4-file which can be streamed by
testOnDemandRTSPServer? Perhaps it is possible to put this file on a web
page where I can download it. How can I create a mp4-file which can be
streamed by liveMedia for example from a MPEG2-file?

Thanks,
Eric