[Live-devel] Kasenna auto-detect patch

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Fri Nov 12 13:54:16 PST 2004

At 01:26 PM 11/12/04, you wrote:
>I tested this, and something is broken. it doesn't detect when to send a
>rtsp-mh DESCRIBE request anymore and always sends SDP. So basically there
>is no improvement over previous versions now. Investigating what is missing..

Dermot,

Note the code at line 170 of "RTSPClient.cpp":
   char const* acceptStr = allowKasennaProtocol
       ? "Accept: application/x-rtsp-mh, application/sdp\r\n"
       : "Accept: application/sdp\r\n";

Compare this to the code that you had in your patch:
+    if (kasennaFlag)
+       acceptStr = "Accept: application/sdp\r\n";
+    else
+       acceptStr = "Accept: application/x-rtsp-mh, application/sdp\r\n";

Note that in your patch, the test was reversed: The "Accept:" line contains
"application/x-rtsp-mh" if "kasennaFlag" is False.  This seemed wrong, so I
reversed it.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>