[Live-devel] Kasenna auto-detect patch

Dermot McGahon dermot at dspsrv.com
Tue Nov 16 12:57:42 PST 2004

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 13:54:16 -0800, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live.com>
wrote:

> At 01:26 PM 11/12/04, you wrote:
>> I tested this, and something is broken. it doesn't detect when to send
>> a rtsp-mh DESCRIBE request anymore and always sends SDP. So basically
>> there is no improvement over previous versions now. Investigating what
>> is missing..

DJ, this was a VLC issue, right?

> Dermot,
>
> Note the code at line 170 of "RTSPClient.cpp":
>    char const* acceptStr = allowKasennaProtocol
>        ? "Accept: application/x-rtsp-mh, application/sdp\r\n"
>        : "Accept: application/sdp\r\n";
>
> Compare this to the code that you had in your patch:
> +    if (kasennaFlag)
> +       acceptStr = "Accept: application/sdp\r\n";
> +    else
> +       acceptStr = "Accept: application/x-rtsp-mh, application/sdp\r\n";
>
> Note that in your patch, the test was reversed: The "Accept:" line
> contains "application/x-rtsp-mh" if "kasennaFlag" is False.  This seemed
> wrong, so I reversed it.

Bug with a helpful side effect. This caused application/x-rtsp-mh
to always be sent in addition to application/sdp.

With this bug fixed, vlc needs to set allowKasennaProtocol in the
describeURL call. This is achieved by adding the --rtsp-kasenna command
line switch and is done automatically is parsing the http accessed sgimb
files. With this done, everything seems to be working fine.

Dermot.