[Live-devel] Kasenna auto-detect patch

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Thu Nov 18 02:35:07 PST 2004

>Yes, the basics all work now. For MPEG-2 and MPEG-4. In order to handle
>pause and trickplay, the attached patch would be needed.

Dermot,

It turns out that "Scale:" is a general RTSP option - not one that's
limited to Kasenna's hacked protocol.

So, I applied your patch in the latest release (2004.11.18), but changed
the signature of the "play..()" methods to take the actual scale factor (a
float) as parameter, rather than the integer tags (0, 1 or 2) that you were
using.  (Note also that in the "playMediaSubsession()" method, the "scale"
parameter comes before "hackForDSS", not after (as you did).)  See
"liveMedia/include/RTSPClient.hh".  Please take this into account if/when
you update VLC to use this new feature.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>