[Live-devel] Proper way to stream several files with live libraries?

Iñigo Lopez Barranco ilopez at albatros-sl.es
Tue Nov 23 15:34:47 PST 2004

Hi.
I've been looking to the code, doxygen docs and examples but I'm not sure what will be the best way to stream several video files to several "channels".

I have two lists of several MPEG2 ES video files and I would like to use RTP to stream the files on each list to separate "channels", one for each list (being these "channels" the same multicast address and different ports or two different multicast addresses), one video file after another and then start again from the beginning.

For streaming several files I've seen ByteStreamMultiFileSource class, which should be passed to a MPEG1or2VideoStreamFramer object, right?

For having 2 different "channels", I thought of having two threads with different env, sink and source for each one. Is there other way to do this? If so, how can it be done?

Thanks in advance.

Iñigo