[Live-devel] Request Headers in RTSP:SPEED Speed-up Delivery

erick.van.rijk at philips.com erick.van.rijk at philips.com
Tue Nov 23 18:03:13 PST 2004

Ok, I've done some more reading into the SPEED header, and it "might" be
usefull, except that it implies that all the DTS/CTS will be recomputed by
the server. in order to let the player run the content at SPEEDx times the
normal speed (SPEED is meant to add a VCR fast forward/backward function).
Since the main reason of openRTSP is to record streams I doubt, this will
be any use, except when you can rebuild the recieved content to the normal
timeline.

Oh well it was just a random thought... ;)

BTW where does the expression "red herring" come from? If I remember
correctly herring is a fish, right?

Erick

Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live.com>
Sent by:
live-devel-bounces at ns.live.com
Please respond to "LIVE.COM Streaming Media - development & use"