[Live-devel] Problem of new support for unicast RTSP/RTPstreaming from a single input source

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Thu Oct 7 16:54:06 PDT 2004

>2. MPEG-2 Program Stream ---- Sometime it died immediately after I open the
>live stream or it runs for a while then freeze. When it freezes, the error
>message I got on the server is
>MPEG1or2VideoStreamParser::parseSlice(): Saw unexpected code 000001BA
>MPEG1or2VideoStreamParser::parseSlice(): Saw unexpected code 000001E0
>Overall, it is not stable in this media type.

Could you point me at an example (e.g., captured from your stdin) of a file
that illustrates this problem?

>3. MPEG-4 Element Stream ---- Does not work for me at all. Maybe my MPEG-4
>video source is not recognizable for live.com library. If you can take a
>look on my MPEG-4 video source and tell me what is wrong in it that will be
>great.

Yes, please point me at an example of this data also.

>4. MPEG-2 Transport Stream ---- I can setup the connection without problem.
>But it gave me a lot error messages called "Missing sync byte!" on the
>server, after a while then it died means not stream send to client. The
>video jerks a lot. Not desirable work in this media type. Same thing does
>MPEG-4 Transport Stream.

The problem here is that the code's MPEG Transport Stream 'framer'
currently assumes that MPEG Transport Stream packets begin at the very
start of the stream.  For stdin, of course, that usually won't be the
case.  I'll fix this....

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>