[Live-devel] Capturing audio from microphone

Lancerica Laurent-llan1c llan1c at motorola.com
Mon Oct 11 11:31:37 PDT 2004

Thanks for answer,

but I still have problem.

Using the Lib (mixer) I've got this error
audioSource nullFailed to set audio input port number to 0: Bad input port index

I've seen in the mailing list some modification to do in the code, but it still won't work.

So I try to use the lib noMixer. The test program seems to work, but with the following code, the execution run create various object exits (go to afterplaying play and that's all). No data are send on the network, it seems that no data are captured.

Could you help me to try capturing and sending voice capture packets ?

Best Regards
Laurent Lancerica

RTPSink* audioSink;
WindowsAudioInputDevice* audioSource;

int inputPortNumber = 0;
			unsigned char bitsPerSample = 16000;
			unsigned char numChannels = 1;
			unsigned samplingFrequency = 8000;
			unsigned granularityInMS=20;
sessionStateS.audioSource = (WindowsAudioInputDevice*)AudioInputDevice::createNew(*env,inputPortNumber,bitsPerSample,numChannels, samplingFrequency, granularityInMS);
			if (sessionStateS.audioSource == NULL)
			{
				*env << "audioSource null"
					 << env->getResultMsg() << "\n";
				exit(1);
			}
			sessionStateS.audioSink->startPlaying(*sessionStateS.audioSource, RTPSender::afterPlaying, sessionStateS.audioSink);