[Live-devel] stream for dvb

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Sat Oct 16 22:21:41 PDT 2004

At 02:55 PM 10/16/04, you wrote:
>Hello
>I have a program who get a stream from a dvb card,
>it's mpeg2-TS, is is written in C.
>How can I use live media in order to stream ??

I suggest starting with the existing test programs
"testMPEG2TransportStreamer" (for multicast streaming) and
"testOnDemandRTSPServer" for unicast streaming.  If your input stream (from
your DVB card) is accessible as a file (which it probably will be if you're
running a sensible operating system like Unix), then you can simply replace
the file name string "test.ts" with the name of your input device.

(In "testOnDemandRTSPServer.cpp", you should probably also change the
variable "reuseFirstSource" from "False" to "True".)

If you are running a more brain-damaged operating system (e.g., Windows)
that doesn't let you access input devices as files, then unfortunately
you'll have more work to do - you'll need to write a "FramedSource"
subclass that encapsulates your DVB input device.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>