[Live-devel] RE: stream for dvb

Brice D sigfault at netcourrier.com
Sun Oct 17 14:47:24 PDT 2004

>At 02:55 PM 10/16/04, you wrote:
>/>Hello
/>>/I have a program who get a stream from a dvb card,
/>/>it's mpeg2-TS, is is written in C.
/>>/How can I use live media in order to stream ??
/>
>I suggest starting with the existing test programs
>"testMPEG2TransportStreamer" (for multicast streaming) and
>"testOnDemandRTSPServer" for unicast streaming.  If your input stream (from
>your DVB card) is accessible as a file (which it probably will be if you're
>running a sensible operating system like Unix), then you can simply replace
>the file name string "test.ts" with the name of your input device.
>
>(In "testOnDemandRTSPServer.cpp", you should probably also change the
>variable "reuseFirstSource" from "False" to "True".)
>
>If you are running a more brain-damaged operating system (e.g., Windows)
>that doesn't let you access input devices as files, then unfortunately
>you'll have more work to do - you'll need to write a "FramedSource"
>subclass that encapsulates your DVB input device.
>

>	Ross Finlayson
>	LIVE.COM
>	<http://www.live.com/>

My stream is not directly accessible by a file because I sort the pids.
I have differents streams to send from one dvb card, each of one is accessible by a buffer.
So does a Framed source is ok or must I do other things?
And do you have an example of the use of Framed source?
Thx a lot
Brice D