[Live-devel] LIVE.COM Streaming Media and Java Media Framework

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago at remotevideo.com.br
Wed Oct 20 14:30:26 PDT 2004

> Another possibility is that (for some reason) your JMStudio client can't
> play the version of MPEG-4 video that you're streaming.
>
> Unfortunately, not all MPEG-4 video clients can play all MPEG-4 video
> content.  (E.g., I have seen some MPEG-4 encoder cards that generate
MPEG-4
> video that QuickTime can't decode (but that VLC will).)
>
> Instead, I suggest that you test your JMStudio client with some other
codec
> - e.g., MPEG-1 video - first.  (Every client should be able to play MPEG-1
> video - it seems to be the de facto 'universal video codec' these days.)

Hi Ross,
    I guess it's not the codec. I've just tested JMStudio against the
testOnDemand using the MPEG1 from this site:
http://www.mech.mb.uni-dortmund.de/content/vpython/vpython_en.html
    I was able to play the stream from VLC, but not with JMStudio, it
behaves exactly like before. I'm wondering if it's not assuming the rtsp://
to be in the QuickTime format... not sure the exact differences, just know
it's different from the standard :)

   I used the mpeg1or2AudioVideoTest stream on the testOnDemand, lib version
19.10.2004

Best regards,
   Thiago A. Correa