[Live-devel] Patch to RTSPClient to support Kasenna RTSP

Dermot McGahon dermot at dspsrv.com
Thu Oct 21 16:34:32 PDT 2004

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 10:59:19 -0700, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live.com>
wrote:

> OK, so does
>          "Accept: application/x-rtsp-mh, application/sdp\r\n"
> work on every known RTSP server, or are there some (non-Kasenna) RTSP
> servers that  choke on this?

This works on,

- Kasenna MediaBase 7.0.1
- RealServer Version 9.0.2.794 (win32)
- QTSS-Akamai/4.1
- DSS/4.1.3 (Build/412.45; Platform/Win32)
- Windows 2003 RTSP
- Old Real 8 server
- Helix XL

They seem to just ignore the application/x-rtsp-mh and provide
an sdp instead. There were other issues, but I was just concentrating
on whether or not they supplied an sdp. And they do.

> Also:
>>>         2/ Do Kasenna servers handle this properly, returning - in
>>> their response - an "Content-Type:" header that contains
>>> "application/x-rtsp-mh" for their hacked MPEG-2 streams, and
>>> "application/sdp" for everything else?

No, but they provide enough information for me to work with. With
this "Accept:" string the "Content-Type:" in the response is always
x-rtsp-mh. However, it responds with both the x-rtsp and an sdp.

The sdp's are not right, but between both types of content description
there is enough information to build the different SETUP's.

So, I'll proceed with this approach, tidy up the patch and resubmit.

Dermot.