[Live-devel] Reading MPEG-4

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Fri Oct 22 10:45:05 PDT 2004

>1. Are they MPEG-4 (not full) valid formats? Where do I get these files?
>How are these files created?

The simplest way to create a raw MPEG-4 video file is to run "openRTSP"
with the URL of an existing MPEG-4 video (and possibly audio) stream.  This
will produce a raw MPEG-4 video file - named "video-<something>" - which
you can rename as "test.m4v" and restream using "testMPEG4VideoStreamer" or
"testOnDemandRTSPServer".

>2. I need to serve 3GPP files on mobile phones, but I not sure if these
>files must to be full 3GPP file-formats.
>    I am not sure if only serving non-3GPP-compliant files is a good thing!

We'll add support for reading/streaming "3GPP"-format files when someone
pays for it.  This is not a charity.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>