[Live-devel] MPEG2 raw-UDP streaming

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Thu Apr 7 03:28:01 PDT 2005

>I'm grabbing DV25 from IEEE1394 device and transcode it to MPEG2 with
>ffmpeg's avcodec library

OK, then you should just be able to output the MPEG-2 Transport Stream to
'stdout', and then just pipe it in to "testOnDemandRTSPServer" - i.e.

         ffmpeg appropriate_parameters | testOnDemandRTSPServer

For this to work, you will need to change the file name "test.ts" (in
"testOnDemandRTSPServer.cpp") to "stdin".

If you do this, you won't need to write any more code.

> > "createNewStreamSource()" will be similar to the version that was
> > implemented for "MPEG2TransportFileServerMediaSubsession", except that it
> > will read from your live input source instead of from a
> "ByteStreamFileSource".
>
>I see. As I understand it, I need properly muxed transport stream. Can I
>use MPEG2TransportStreamFromPESSource for this?

No.  If the output from "ffmpeg" is already in MPEG-2 Transport Stream
format, then you can use that as is.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>