[Live-devel] about live.com library under uclinux

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Apr 12 22:18:14 PDT 2005

>btw, what is the difference between a sdp file source and a rtsp steam
>from Darwin Streaming Server?
>does live.com lib use the same rtpsource if i did not select tcp for rtsp?

I'm not totally sure I understand your question, but I think the answer is
"yes".  If you use the RTSP protocol, a SDP description will be delivered
to the client from the server (as part of the RTSP
protocol).  Alternatively, the client could read a SDP description from a
file (but that will work only for multicast streams, because for unicast
streams, you need more information than is provided solely by a SDP
description).  In either case, though, the LIVE.COM client code will create
an object of the same "RTPSource" subclass.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>