[Live-devel] SIP Server

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Fri Apr 15 00:18:26 PDT 2005

>Can I draw from this the conclusion that
>extensions of the code need not to be contributed back? I thought Live.Com
>is developed under LGPL licence.

It is - which means that any *modifications* to the existing library code
should be contributed back (if the modifications are used in an application
that you distribute).  However, new code that is merely *linked* against
the existing libraries need not be made public.  (This is what makes it
possible for the LIVE.COM code to be used with proprietary codecs, for
example.)

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>