[Live-devel] frame-by-frame transmission of RTP video

Calkins, David S david.s.calkins at lmco.com
Sat Apr 16 14:32:38 PDT 2005

Ross,

Thanks for the reply.  I'll look at the source file you suggested.
Answers to your questions are provided below.

- we're only capturing video, no audio
- the device provides us with discrete uncompressed video frames; we
have a choice as to whether to receive 24-bit color images or 8-bit gray
scale images
- I don't understand all the differences between the two.  Currently,
we'll only be sending video to a single receiving client, but could
eventually need to provide it for access to multiple clients.  We'll all
be connected via a high-speed LAN though, so if the multicasting is used
for bandwidth reduction, it probably wouldn't be necessary

Thanks,
Dave