[Live-devel] frame-by-frame transmission of RTP video

Ben Lear benlear at benlear.com
Sun Apr 17 10:06:50 PDT 2005

live-devel-bounces at ns.live.com wrote:
> Can I just compress the frames to JPEG?

Sure you can. But your main focus will be implimenting a derived class of
"FramedSource" to connect your "device" to the LIVE framework. Once you have
this then you can utilize any of the existing RTPSink types(with a tweak
here and there) or build your own. I recently went through this process(last
night) and now have a working MPEG4 video broadcaster. The route I took was
to have my encoder dump into a "Smart" buffer class, then pass a reference
to this to the "Framer"(instead of passing in a filename as in the example
"FileSources" Ross provides).

Cheers,

Ben.