[Live-devel] about rtcp bye handler

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Apr 19 08:59:25 PDT 2005

At 11:18 PM 4/18/05, you wrote:
>if I register a bye handler to rtcp instance, while multi rtsp client is
>playing, when I close one client, others are also get
>RTCP_PT_BYE  package. is there something wrong with this?

No, not really.  In a multicast session (which is, I assume, what you are
running), a RTCP "BYE" packet sent by anyone (sender, or receiver) will get
sent to the whole multicast group.

In the code's 'RTCP BYE handler' mechanism, there's currently no way to
distinguish  between "BYE" packets sent by different nodes.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>