[Live-devel] MPEG4 elementary video

Scott Hays sdhays at neon.com.tw
Wed Apr 20 14:35:55 PDT 2005

The m4v file is obtained from an MPEG4 encoder/decoder chip.  Right now, I'm
working with a file captured from the device, but I intend to stream directly
from the encoder.

I don't know, but the problem you had with your divx encoded file might be
that it wasn't MPEG4 elementary video, i.e. it was a full MP4 file.  I
understand that the LiveMedia library doesn't support that file format at
this time, and I've read about people running into problems with that when
searching the mailing list archives.  You might check just to make sure that
you were working with an elementary stream.  I know that the LiveMedia
library isn't supposed to favor one codec over another.

Scott