[Live-devel] Re: Re: RTP packet size

Filippo Cacace f.cacace at unicampus.it
Wed Apr 20 10:30:44 PDT 2005

Ok,

it is not RTCP: I am talking of RTP packets when
sending an ES MPEG2 video
(only video), with a modified version of testOnDemand,
we added IPv6 unicast support to try MobileIPv6,
but the same problem(i.e. small packets) happens
with the original version (testOnDemand + IPv4).

I saw that the afterGetting1() function of MultiFramedRTPSink
class is the one that decides if the packet is complete or not,
but the underlying logic is a bit complicated and I would need help to
understand how to modify it.

I have collected the following data about packet size for a 14" video
clip:

	kbps-of-the-clip    number-of-packets  average-packet-size
VLC	100			560		1230 bytes
VLC	1500			2111		1334 bytes
VLC	4000			5532		1359 bytes
LIVE	100			6766		101 bytes