[Live-devel] Port to Pocket PC 2003 and GSM encoding

beichuang beichuang at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 21 11:36:26 PDT 2005

Thanks for your replay, here some more questions:

--- Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live.com> wrote:

> >I found GSMAudioRTPSink, but where is the
> >GSMAudioRTPSource, otherwise, how can I encode PCM
> >data into GSM?
> That's not what "GSMAudioRTPSource" would do.
> "GSMAudioRTPSource" - if it
> existed - would be for receiving RTP packets that
> contain GSM audio.

Is the xxxSink the receiver and xxxSource sender? Or
just opposite?

>  (In
> fact, you wouldn't need such a class; instead, you
> could just use
> "BasicRTPSource".)

is BasicRTPSource supposed to use the raw PCM data?

> The "LIVE.COM Streaming Media" code does not include
> any codecs - i.e.,
> does not include any code for encoding or decoding
> audio or video.  If you
> have such code (or a hardware encoder or decoder),
> then you can use it with
> this code; however, we do not supply it.

Then I am confused that there is a class
GSMAudioRTPSink, does it mean it is just a virtual
class? Then how about the MP3ADURTPSource etc

Do you mean that they are all wrapper classes which is
just for simplifying constructing RTP packet?

And if no Codec is supplied, any one you suggest to
use? Which codecs are actually the compatible ones you
have tested work with your RTP stack?

And how about the Demos under the testProgs directory,
are they really runnable?

Thanks and best regards

/B.C.