[Live-devel] How to get I frame size and a set of chunk of I, B, P frame in live.com

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Mon Apr 25 14:57:43 PDT 2005

>I notice that live.com have functions to analyze each I, B, P frame for
>synchronizing them in order. I am not good on mpeg decoding stuff at all. I
>just kind of lost to find the correct functions and place. Can you tell in
>the library where I should look at or what I should do extra if needed to
>get I frame and a set of chunk of I, B, P frame. For instance, mpeg-2
>transport stream.

There's nothing in the "LIVE.COM Streaming Media" code that analyzes MPEG-2
Transport Streams in such detail (because that's not needed at all for
streaming (sending or receiving) Transport Streams).

For MPEG (1, 2 or 4) Video *Elementary* streams, however, you could look at
the "MPEGxVideoStreamFramer" and "MPEGxVideoStreamDiscreteFramer" classes
(where "x" is "1or2" or "4", as appropriate).

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>