[Live-devel] attempting to read more than once

Neil Alexander nalex at hand-off.com
Tue Aug 9 14:03:37 PDT 2005

On Aug 9, 2005, at 12:40 AM, Ross Finlayson wrote:

>> On a "live" stream, on certain cameras I get the following:
>>
>> FramedSource[0xd57660]::getNextFrame(): attempting to read more
>> than once at the same time!
>>

> The message means just that - you are attempting to call
> "getNextFrame()" on the same object more than once at the same time.
>
> Make sure that "FramedSource::afterGetting()" gets called on the
> object before "getNextFrame()" is called again.

Correct me if I have this wrong. I am using the sample framed source
file as my starting point. Streams are initiated from the rtsp
server. I only get a "doGetNextFrame()" call after a QT Player calls
the rtsp:// etc. ONCE. Then the "deliverFrame()" is called repeatedly
after that.

doGetNextFrame() doesn't have a call to the afterGetting() - but
deliverFrame() does. And it's being called after I fill in each frame
as required.

Also, while I have you on the line, another query.

I currently allocate the memory for the framedSource->fTo in the
doGetNextFrame() since it's only called once. Should I move this
somewhere else? Also, I'm a little fuzzy about how to fill in the
fPresentationTime and fDuration variables. Currently, I use the
desired framerate of my video source (for example, at 7.5fps I assume
duration is 133333 microseconds. Is that reasonable?

Thanks!

Neil Alexander