[Live-devel] reclamationTestSeconds

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Sun Aug 14 01:38:04 PDT 2005

>I am trying to use the "reclamationTestSecond".
>I was expecting that this parameter closed the connection after K
>seconds but only if no activity has been seen in those K sec.
>Instead the connection is closed in any case even if I can see RTCP
>packet from client to server.
>Is this behaviour what you are expecting or is a bug or there is
>something in my connection that doesn't work properly?

At present, RTCP reports (from receivers) are noted as 'activity'
only for unicast on demand streams (and with the "reuseFirstSource"
parameter set to its default value: False).  So, you can't currently
use the "reclamationTestSecond" feature for multicast streams, or for
unicast on demand streams where "reuseFirstSource" is set to True.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>