[Live-devel] Is Live support 3GPP PSS streaming?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Wed Aug 17 16:43:29 PDT 2005

At 05:41 AM 8/17/2005, you wrote:
>Hi Ross,
>Are 3GPP PSS streaming standards implemented in Live.com? Specifically,
>·       SDP descriptions

Yes, of course.  (SDP is actually an IETF standard, not a '3GPP' standard)

>·       Support for hinting mechanisms

Our RTSP server implementation (unlike the Darwin
Streaming Server, for example) does not require
that files be 'hinted' before they are streamed.

>·       Support 3GPP file format streaming

Our RTSP server implementation does not currently
support streaming (transmitting) of '3GPP'
(really, MPEG-4) format files (basicaly, because no one has paid for this yet).

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>