[Live-devel] sprintf and radix char.

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Aug 23 12:17:41 PDT 2005

>fenrir ran into an interesting problem. RTSPClient.cpp uses sprintf
>to create the Range: header. However the radix character used when
>printing a float with sprintf (as createRangeString uses), is locale
>dependent. However Range needs to use . as radix character.

Interesting...

>I gather there is probably more then one area where this might go
>wrong.

Yes, it seems that both "RTSPClient" and "RTSPServer" need to be
modified in the places where they output (and parse!) the RTSP
"Range:" and "Scale:" headers.  (I think those are the only fields
where floats are currently used.)

I'll add this fix to the next release of the code.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>