[Live-devel] WM RTSP support for live streams

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Aug 23 19:07:36 PDT 2005

At 05:39 PM 8/23/2005, you wrote:
>MediaSession doesn't know RTSPClient instance does it?

No it doesn't.

But I don't see why you want to do anything to "MediaSession".  In
particular, you shouldn't need to change anything to its SDP parsing,
because - - as far as I can tell - the SDP description coming from
the WM server has correct syntax and is well-formed.  The only
problem is (according to your earlier message) that the "a=range:"
SDP attribute is not being used correctly.

If that's the case, then just (if interacting with a WM server):
1/ Take the 'buffering time' from "session->playEndTime()", then
2/ Set "session->playEndTime() = 0.0;" (to indicate an unbounded stream)

I.e., you're not changing the parsing of the SDP description; you're
just changing the way that one of its lines is interpreted.

Or was there something else in "MediaSession" that you wanted to change??

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>