[Live-devel] generic MP3source and streamState

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Thu Aug 25 14:53:42 PDT 2005

>Can we add a public method
>
>MP3FileSource::assignStreamState(GenericMP3StreamState *streamState)
>Or modify the MP3FileSource::CreateNew() method to take the desired
>streamState in input parameter.

I want the "MP3FileSource" class to continue to do what its name
suggests - read from an (open) file - not from some other arbitrary input.

It's unfortunate that - because you want to write a class that
behaves similarly to "MP3FileSource", but with a different kind of
input source - you have to duplicate some of the functionality that's
already in "MP3FileSource", but for now there's probably no easy way
to avoid this.  (It would be nice if "MP3FileSource" were subclassed
from some new "MP3Source" virtual base class, but it's currently
already subclassed from "FramedFileSource", and (to keep the code
simple and portable) don't want to start using multiple inheritance.)

>I have changed MP3StreamState::readFromStream() access type from
>private to protected

I will include this change in the next released version of the code.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>