[Live-devel] TransportStreamFramer latency?

Morgan Tørvolt morgan.torvolt at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 12:16:23 PDT 2005

> For a custom project (using only the Amino STBs as client), we
> overcame this problem by modifying the "MPEG2TransportStreamFramer"
> by continually adjusting the computed "fTSPacketDurationEstimate"
> value in order to maintain a roughly fixed (and >0) estimated buffer
> size at the client.  Unfortunately, this code isn't very portable
> (because it's peculiar to the ideosyncracies of the Amino STB), so
> it's not clear if/when/how it could be made part of the general, public code.

Could you lend me an hand figuring out how to do this? Do you use
feedback from the STB? In that case, how? I cannot see any function in
the stb that gives that kind of feedback.
I believe the problem is because MPEG2TransportStreamFramer calculates
the average between packet for the last PCR to PCR period, and applies
this on the following PCR period. It seems to me also, that PCR comes
as often as DTS, so using DTS would not help much. I figure using PTS
would be a BAD idea :-)

-Morgan Tørvolt-