[Live-devel] RTP URL

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Wed Aug 31 15:29:16 PDT 2005

> > I am developing a web based application for RTP urls but I am having
> > problems finding internet radio stations transmitting RTP. It seems most
> > of the internet radio stations are transmitting HTTP. Please I will like
> > to get a list of online streaming audio urls in RTP. If you have any
> > available please send them to me, I will greatly appreciate it. Thanks

RTP URLs have never been standardized, and are generally a bad idea,
because they don't convey enough information to fully describe a stream.

Instead, RTSP URLs (i.e., beginning with "rtsp://") are the standard.

You can find several such URLs by typing "url:rtsp" into Google.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>