[Live-devel] TCP connect on non blocking mode

David BERTRAND bidibulle at operamail.com
Mon Dec 5 13:43:13 PST 2005

Hi Ross,

When "setupStreamSocket" is used to create a TCP socket in a non-blocking mode, it is not possible to make work the "connect" method. We indeed need to wait for a writable event to know when the TCP session is open and therefore when we can write on it.
I see that you have foreseen the SOCKET_WRITABLE and SOCKET_EXCEPTION in the UsageEnvironment.hh but in "BasicTaskScheduler.cpp", you don't provide any file descriptors to be monitored for these events in the "select" method.

Can you confirm my diagnostic?
Is it a feature which is not implemented yet ?
Thanks in advance
David.