[Live-devel] Real-time Video Viewing

David Arnold darnold at futurec.net
Tue Dec 6 11:40:56 PST 2005

We have an application that requires real-time viewing of an RTSP/RTP video
stream.  We need near-zero latency between when a video frame is captured
and when it is presented on the camera viewer.  The video streamer/server is
based on LIVE555 using a custom video source derived from FramedSource.  The
camera viewer is a VideoLAN VLC ActiveX Control.  I have tried setting the
VLCOption ":rtsp-caching=0", but this doesn't have any effect.  I'm
currently getting about a 2-3 second delay in the video stream.

Thank you,

Dave Arnold
Future Concepts, La Verne, CA.