[Live-devel] Media stream duplication on a streaming relay

wissam.l at free.fr wissam.l at free.fr
Thu Dec 8 14:51:22 PST 2005

Hi ,

I developed a module called streamingRelay based on the liveMedia lib. It
relayes video streams from a streamer running on a machine S into a machine C
first then from the machine C into another machine W.

For now, every thing works fine: if I request a stream on W since a machine P,
the RTSP request is relayed into W then C then S and I get perfectly the video
relayed on P.

Though I would like to duplicate the RTP stream at the level of the machine W if
multiple machines P1 and P2 ask for it without relaying the RTSP request again
to C then to S and getting another RTP packets stream traveling from S to C
finally to W but just from W to a machine P.

S----->C--------->W------------>P
                   ------------>P1
                   ------------>P2
                   ------------>Pi

Do some one have any idea how can I duplicate the stream when I have it already
running live on another machine?

Knowing that if I point on the same framed source I can get the error «
attempting to read more than once at the same time! »

I am using a unicast streaming mode; the multicast dont sweet my needs.

Do some one have some ideas where exactly I have to make the changes to support
this functionality.

Any hints would be with a great help for me.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Sincerly.