[Live-devel] When we need reject the packet?

Person personlin118 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 17:55:09 PST 2005

Hi,
The code follow as (in MultiFramedRTPSource.cpp):

    if (fPacketLossInFragmentedFrame) {
      // This packet is unusable; reject it:
      fReorderingBuffer->releaseUsedPacket(nextPacket);
      fNeedDelivery = True;
      break;
    }

I ask my co-worker about this. They say we did not consider it.
The RTP packet loss issue depends on decorder abilty.
Now, we use the MPEG4-ES codec.
Where could I find the white paper talk about the issue(MPEG4 or H264)?
And, who can tell me the right or wrong with the answer commented by my
co-worker?
Thank you.