[Live-devel] Merging images...

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Dec 13 06:10:30 PST 2005

>I wrote an application based on live555 which streams images from an
>MPEG camera. When I start two instances from this app collecting
>images from two separate cameras we see that the images are merging
>from one camera into the other. Please find the logs attached.

The problem appears to be caused by the fact that you are receiving
the two application's streams on different IP multicast addresses,
but use the *same* UDP port numbers - 50000 for video; 50002 for
audio - for each.

This is supposed to be OK; however, some operating systems
erroneously do not distinguish between different streams received on
different IP multicast addresses, but using the same UDP port
number.  (What OS are you using?)

To fix this, either (i) upgrade your OS, or (ii) use different UDP
ports in each instance of the application.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>