[Live-devel] H264 encoder

Pering, Trevor trevor.pering at intel.com
Wed Dec 14 07:11:47 PST 2005

Before I get too far into this... let me ask a basic question.

I am trying to plug a H264 encoder into the
MPEG4VideoStreamDiscreteFramer -- is this going to work?  My hope was
that H264 might work here, but I'm just relazing that there might be
some Layer-2 vs. Layer-10 confusion.  Is the MPEG4 support in Live555
layer-2 or layer-10, or both, or...?

Now, I look at the code more closely, and there is an H264VideoRTPSource
class that is not used in any of the test programs.  Is this what I'll
need to be using instead?

Alternatively, I do have an "mpeg4" encoder (and an h263 encoder) -- am
I likely to be better off with that?  Frame quality probably a little
worse, but... I'll take what I can get :-).

Cheers,
	Trevor