[Live-devel] buffering implementation

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Dec 14 08:34:32 PST 2005

>I would like to know your opinion on buffering the input of i.e testRelay.
>For example, I want to have a buffer of lets say, 2 GOP more or less, how
>could I do that in the current implementation.

Sure.  You could easily insert a new 'buffer' filter after the
"BasicUDPSource" object used by "testRelay".

>  Can I just modify the current buffer (fTo)

Note that "fTo" points to whatever buffer was supplied by the
downstream object.  (The size of this buffer is given by
"fMaxSize".)  You can't 'modify' this buffer.  However, if you insert
your own filter class, it can have its own buffer (of whatever size you want).

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>