[Live-devel] Negative Seq Num received in livedotcom.cpp

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Dec 22 04:40:30 PST 2005

>I'm using the latest live555 lib. I have add a debug print in
>livedotcom.cpp file in VLC source code to display the current Seq
>Num in each rtp subsession (using rtpsource->getCurrentSeqNum()). I
>found that some times I get negative SeqNum value! does this look as
>a normal behaviour.

No, because:
1/ There's no function "getCurrentSeqNum()" in "RTPSource", and
2/ The actual function - named "curPacketRTPSeqNum()" - returns a
"u_int16_t" - i.e., an unsigned value.

You appear confused.

>can you add a new function in the RTPsink called getFirstSeqNum
>which returns the first seq num of an RTP subsesssion."

No, because you could easily implement this yourself (in your own
subclass) if you really want it.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>