[Live-devel] a question about "doEventLoop()" in playCommon.cpp

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Dec 27 02:33:28 PST 2005

>      I used "playCommon.cpp"  to produce a quicktime file(mpeg4)
>I found out the memory increasing slowly. I suspects memory in
>  "doEventloop()" which didn't free.

I don't think that there is a memory leak in
"doEventLoop()".  However, writing to the "QuickTimeFileSink" class
consumes memory, to build indexing information.  (This is necessary,
because ".mov" (and ".mp4") files write the indexing information at
the end of the file, after the audio/video data.)  However, once the
whole file has been written, the indexing information will be freed
(in "QuickTimeFileSink::~QuickTimeFileSink()").

>How should I  stream more "quicktime" file  one by one  ?

Make sure that "QuickTimeFileSink::~QuickTimeFileSink()" gets called each time.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>