[Live-devel] Duplicating one stream using different FramedSources

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Dec 30 13:29:31 PST 2005

Unfortunately I don't have the time to help you debug your code.

However, I noticed that you mentioned that you were using both a
"MediaSession" (for receiving data) and a "ServerMediaSession" (for
sending data) - which suggests that you are trying to develop some
sort of RTSP proxy.

If that is the case, then note that our RTSP server implementation
*already* supports delivery of duplicate streams - via unicast - to
multiple clients.  You don't need to write any new 'duplicating' code
to make this work.

To use this, your new "ServerMediaSubsession" class should be a
subclass of "OnDemandServerMediaSubsession".  Because this will be
fed from a single, live input source, be sure to set the
"reuseFirstSource" parameter to True.

Note, for example, how the "testOnDemandRTSPServer" demo application
already supports concurrent streaming to multiple clients.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>