[Live-devel] stripping jpeg headers

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Feb 1 18:45:32 PST 2005

>I'm seeing some messages in the output from openRTSP which might be
>related, from MultiFramedRTPSource::doGetNextFrame1(), about needing to
>drop some data, due to the client's buffer size.

FYI, you can eliminate this using the "-b <bufferSize>" option to
"openRTSP".  See <http://www.live.com/openRTSP/#other-options>

>Question number 2 has to do with breaking down the process. Some months
>ago, you pointed me to "testWAVAudioStreamer" as an example of closing
>and deleting the appropriate objects. I'm not convinced that the entire
>process is being killed (for technical reasons, I can't call exit and
>be done with it - my streamer is just one component in a larger system,
>which I can't kill).

As a general rule, it's safest to try to close/delete objects in the
reverse order from which that in they were created.

Note that the order in which you are closing/deleting objects is different
from that in "testWAVAudioStreamer".

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>