[Live-devel] ipv6

Bernhard Feiten Bernhard at feiten.de
Wed Feb 2 07:58:09 PST 2005

Dear all,

we need for a project a streaming server that supports RTP/MPEG-4, SIP and IPv6.
SRTP would be also welcomed.

I think Live is well suited for our needs.

I started already to make a SIPServer class. This seems to be possible straight forward.
I made a copy of the RTSPServer class and renamed all RTSP stings by SIP strings.
Now I have of course to have a closer look to the protocol intrinsincs.
Are there other problems to implement the SIPServer in this way?

With IPv6 I'm a bit unsure how much effort that would be.
I saw that this is on the todo list.
Did somebody already started or has some hints how to attack the IPV6 implementation?
I think we could spend some resources on that.

How should one contribute to the source code, if some extensions were made?

Best regards,
Bernhard