[Live-devel] What does fScaleFactor mean?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Fri Feb 4 11:15:11 PST 2005

>I'm trying to write my own WAVAudioFileSource.

What's wrong with the one you have? :-)

>  But after reading the original one carefully, there is a question quit
> puzzled me: what does fScaleFactor mean?

It's used to implement RTSP 'trick play' support (i.e, fast forward,
reverse play) when a RTSP server is streaming from a WAV audio file.

E.g., to stream a file at 2x the normal speed, "fScaleFactor" is set to 2,
which causes every second audio sample to be read (instead of every audio
sample - the normal case).  If "fScaleFactor" is set to -1, then every
sample is read, but in reverse.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>