[Live-devel] frame-specific header patches

Matthew Romaine Matthew.Romaine at jp.sony.com
Mon Feb 7 20:14:00 PST 2005

Hi Ross,

I've added support for frame-specific headers.  Changes were only
necessary on the Sink side; at the moment I've only tested them for
single frames per packet, but should work for multi-frame packets.
Reason for not testing with multi-frame packets is that it seems that
when a client asks for a next frame, the timestamp is not updated for
each successive frame in a packet. In other words, frames 2+ in a
packet continue to be associated with the timestamp for the first
frame.

Is this correct? I looks like AMR, QCELP etc. manage to compensate for
this through a deInterleaving class, but I wonder if there is a simpler
way for payloads that don't interleave ...

thnx,
matt